Studio & Production Manager
Salary: £27,000 per annum (+ benefits)
Location: at our studio/workshop in N4 1TD, London
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and organised people-person to join our senior leadership team in the role of Studio and Production Manager. This exciting and varied role is responsible for managing the production team and overseeing the day-to-day running of our studio/premises.
Wolf & Moon is an up-and-coming jewellery brand owned and run by designer/founder, Hannah Davis. We currently employ 19 members of staff including a production team of 13 skilled makers who manufacture all our jewellery in-house.
Our team works together in a workshop/studio space in North London (N4 1TD) filled with plenty of natural light and plants. We have a friendly, collaborative and informal working environment.
- Staff profit-sharing scheme (up to 5% annual salary)
- Annual leave starts at 22 days (+ bank holidays), increasing with time-served
- 7-hour working days (excluding lunch). We actively encourage all our staff to have a healthy work-life balance and discourage long working hours.
- Flexible working options
Summary of Role:
Manage the production team and production operations:
- Manage staff and work schedules
- Oversee quality control
- Support with hiring and training of new staff
- Fulfilment of wholesale orders
- Support the website fulfilment team during busy periods
- Purchase all materials, packaging, tools and supplies
- Forecast materials and packaging usage
- Oversee stock checks
- Manage budgets
- Negotiate and build relationships with suppliers
- Shipping and logistics
- Carry out health and safety assessments and induct new staff
- Manage general housekeeping, maintenance and security of premises
- Leading sustainability initiatives: researching, proposing and carrying out initiatives/projects to help minimise, manage and improve our social/environmental impact on the world.
Leading diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives: collaborate with senior team members on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and related policy-making. Assisting with company-wide hiring.
Skills & Experience:
- Highly organised with great time management skills
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Can effectively manage and motivate a team
- Calm and comfortable under pressure
- High attention to detail
- A good problem solver
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Interest in sustainability issues
- Confident working with numbers and spreadsheets
- Production or manufacturing experience
- Industry knowledge/experience (e.g. in jewellery, craft, fashion, retail or manufacturing)
- Familiar with health & safety assessments
- HR or DEI training
- Passionate about the brand
The role will require you to attend work in person.
We have strict social distancing and hygiene measures currently in place, however this role may not be suitable for someone who feels uncomfortable attending work at this time.
Our approach to diversity and inclusion:
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes diversity and nurtures a culture where everyone feels empowered and valued. We are striving to build an environment where everyone, from any background, can bring their whole self to work and flourish.
- To apply, please head to: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/pqhfxlvas9
- Deadline for applications is 11.59pm, 23rd October 2020.
- You will be taken through a blind application process and asked to complete some pre-assessment questions before interview stage.
- Please do not email or post us your CV/resume.
- Start date is from the beginning of November 2020 (flexible).