Make your own super lightweight tinsel tassel earrings, perfect for parties, festivals, or whenever you want to turn heads!
These are compatible with all Wolf & Moon hoops.
Materials you will need:
- Fake flowers - make sure they have a hole running through the middle or you will need to make a hole (ones with more “frilly” petals work best)
- Tinsel fringe (I used 5cm each side)
- Colourful ribbon or fabric
- Lightweight card (about 200gsm)
- 0.7-0.9mm thick craft wire (I used about 25cm of 0.8mm brass wire)
- Pair of hoops (I used our 22mm gold-filled hoops)
Tools you will need:
- Something round for drawing a circle (I used a mug)
- Hot glue gun
- Fabric/fray stop glue *optional*
- Tape (any kind will do)
- Jump loop pliers (for making a hole of at least 3mm) or round nose pliers
- Wire cutters (you can also use scissors but it will blunt them with lots of use)
Step 1 - Make the cones which sit on top of the flowers
- Cut a circle out of card. I found a mug was the perfect size to draw around. The larger your circle, the larger the cone.
- Cut the circle into quarters and chop the tip off so your cone will have 2 open ends.
- Roll into a cone shape. A pencil/pen/paintbrush is helpful to roll around.
- Once you have the desired shape, tape the edge down.
- Cover/wrap your cone in ribbon or fabric, making sure to glue all the edges down. For a neater look, tuck excess fabric inside the end of the cone. Trim off any frayed edges. You can also prevent frayed edges by dabbing a tiny bit of fabric/fray stop glue along raw edges.
- Add hot glue around the inside rim of the cone (larger end) and press onto the base of your flower. Hold firmly until glue is dry.